COVID-19 Update From Praxis
This message was originally shared on March 17, 2020.
Dear valued partner,
Similar to other organizations, we are following the COVID-19 developments very closely and continue to monitor the latest advice from our provincial and federal health agencies. The health and safety of the SCI community, our partners and employees are our top priority. As Praxis is located on a major clinical and research campus, we come into contact with individuals vulnerable to COVID-19, including those living with spinal cord injury. We are making decisions about business operations and precautionary health measures as things evolve. Fortunately, today’s world of modern technology has enabled us to continue operating as business as usual as much as possible during these challenging times. Here are some of the actions we are taking to ensure business continuity while adhering to provincial and federal recommendations on minimizing the spread of the virus:
- Praxis employees are working remotely per usual with complete connectivity
- Scheduled internal and external meetings will occur as planned and will be held virtually, whenever possible
- All work-related travel by Praxis employees is suspended until further notice
- We continue to keep our employees updated regularly on changes to business operations
- We continue to work with our partners on funding, project and software related requests
- We are continuing to ensure service continuity to the Global Research Platform and our other software related services. At this time, we do not anticipate any service disruptions.
We are also pleased to share resources developed by Canadian medical experts and national partners on COVID-19 guidance for the SCI community. Please see link here.
Finally, we encourage you to stay informed about the facts surrounding COVID-19 by staying up-to-date with news from your provincial health authority and recommend the following links to qualified national/global authorities:
- Public Health Agency of Canada – https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health.html
- Government Travel Advice and Advisories https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html
- World Health Organization – https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
Stay healthy and safe.
Chief Executive Officer